Blog Home | Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Yet another brilliant move by AN  (Read 2416 times)

Offline Rybnik

• Awards
Yet another brilliant move by AN
« on: March 15, 2010, 11:39:46 AM »
In yet another brilliant move AN has announced another upcoming addition to Allods according to Allodsfan.com. Here are a few of the highlights if you can call them that, and a link to the RU version and Allodsfan

Rybnick- 80 Death Knight
Rybnik - 68 Druid
Reinir - 43 Warrior

Offline Bartlebe

• Tryin' ta catch me postin' dirty
    • Awards
Re: Yet another brilliant move by AN
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 11:45:04 AM »

Offline Tisel

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 11:57:38 AM »
What annoys me the most about it is the cursed items. It's going to come down to this. You're farming heroics. You have been for a week or two trying to finally get some items so you can actually be competitive in end game. That item you've been looking for FINALLY dropped. Oh wait. There's a curse on it and it's effectively worthless without the CS. So.. do you keep farming for another possibly few weeks? I'm sure most people will say that makes it okay to have it in the CS. Or, do you fork over the cash because it's the only real way to make it bearable? I think we all know the answer.

Offline Tarridus

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 12:37:23 PM »
Yeah, don't think Gpotato is gonna be able to 'pick and choose' what they want from these upcoming patches.  And I'm pretty much done with the game. 

Aika will be the last game I try for Gpotato.  If we get this sort of 'shenanigans' again with Aika, then I will never try another Gpotato game again.  I know this one comes from AN but I'm not all that hopeful that gpotato is that much better. 

No FOD?  Say hello to the Cursed Effect.  Oh and drink those potions you purchased while you can, they may very well disappear... 

Offline Tisel

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 12:58:38 PM »
I agree. I'd sworn off GP for a long time before Allods released. The game just looked too good for me to not try it. I'd sworn them off because I know how most of their games turn out. Generally, they do okay, but they're almost always heavily CS dependent to do anything.

Aika looks to be different, however. I'm going by other versions of course. Where the CS doesn't really directly effect gameplay. Well, it does, but definitely not to the extent that Allods is turning out to be. It's generally minor things that I could really care less about. There's nothing about the Aika CS that will make you exceptionally over powered to my knowledge. Things that will give you and edge is fine. Things that gives you a clear advantage is not.

Offline krigare

• Jr. Admin
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 02:00:29 PM »
do you keep farming for another possibly few weeks? I'm sure most people will say that makes it okay to have it in the CS. Or, do you fork over the cash because it's the only real way to make it bearable? I think we all know the answer.

You stop playing before it even happens.  I'd rather go back to WoW and pay $15 a month for my free epics than waste so much time and energy to get a "cursed" item.

Frankly the item mall they have in place was doomed to failure from the start.  It doesn't have a single cosmetic item which I'm pretty sure is a first for the F2P genre.  Its no surprise that they have to add game mechanics to help bring the money in.  The disaster at launch didn't help either.  The irony is they could have gone P2P, had a great game, and have zero cash issues.

Oh well another great game bites the dust due to terrible management.  At this point I'm hesitant to even try Aika.  Like Keen I've been soured to the F2P genre.  Only one I'm looking at anymore is Black Prophecy.  

I'd rather pay $15 a month for an MMO.  At least then I know I won't get screwed by a cash shop or stupid mechanics designed to take my money.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 02:02:38 PM by krigare »

Offline Khardamon

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 04:22:23 PM »

Just....wow.  Lol.

Man...I kind of grieve for the Allods that could have been, for the Allods we all thought and hoped was materializing back when CB was ending.   :'(

Offline Slayer

• The Telaran
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 06:01:14 PM »
This is unbelievable.  As I've stated before in the official forum:  AN/GPot will make us choose between a kick in the nuts or a punch in the guts.  They'll change their means but, unfortunately, seem hell-bent on achieving the same ends.  It stinks unbelievably foul because the game was... a joy.  Now it's turned into a ploy.

Offline Keen

• Administrator
    • Keen and Graev's Gaming Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 06:13:32 PM »

:(
STEAM: MeanKeenLurikeen
Origin: KGKeen

Offline Slayer

• The Telaran
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 06:18:57 PM »

:(

LOL... My 3 year old daughter loves Lazy Town!
The episode w/ the dance competition was awesome (when Robbie Rotten does the Flashdance jig to "Maniac").

Offline Artemesia

• Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 07:50:07 PM »
It's almost like they're owned by Activision.
It's so erotic when your makeup runs.