Blog Home | Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I unsubed  (Read 2863 times)

Offline bartillo

• WildStar Officer
    • Awards
I unsubed
« on: February 06, 2012, 07:33:45 AM »
Pretty much swtor has taught me I'm done with themepark mmos.

Unless a game is buy to play (guild wars 2), or a " sandpark," (archeage) I won't be playing it.

I def will be getting secret world in April though. Sounds way different then anything to come out since wow.
3 factions, no classes (skills), modern setting, huge emphasis on puzzle solving and mystery, etc..

But pretty much never playing a "wow style game" again.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 07:42:56 AM by bartillo »

Offline Bartlebe

• Tryin' ta catch me postin' dirty
    • Awards
Re: I unsubed
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 08:53:24 AM »
Can't say I blame you. We'll be here in the next MMO you decide to play.

Offline krigare

• Jr. Admin
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 01:15:05 PM »
I unsubbed a little bit after I paid for this month and have been trying to like it but I just don't.  I'd rather play BF3.

Funny, I hopped in Lotro for 15 min yesterday (still in the free areas) and even without voiceovers I think the questing and setting is way better.

In the end for me its simple - If I want themepark pvp I'll go back to WoW because its better.  If I want themepark pve I'll play WoW because its better.  If I want to quest I'll play Lotro..you get the idea.

I'm looking forward to GW2..it looks kind of themeparky but they are trying to do a lot of things differently so I think its worth looking at..plus no sub so might as well.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 01:19:34 PM by krigare »

Offline Fidjit

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 01:37:29 PM »
I unsubbed as well, but still have been playing a bit. I'm letting the time run out and then see if I miss it enough to resub when it's gone.

It's funny, just like Krigare I logged into LOTRO on a whim over the weekend and found the environments to be so much better. LOTRO has its share of faults, but it just reminded me how uninspired, bland and constricted I find SWTOR's world design.

Offline Sentry

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 01:51:23 PM »
My sub runs out the 22nd of this month.  I wanted to like it as well but there is too much bad to outweigh the good.  The voice over stuff was cool at first.  Then I found I was only listening to the conversations for class missions because I had already seen the sidequests and flashpoints and knew what was going to happen. 

The way the world seems so parsed up and instanced has really turned me off as well.  I know with having differant planets it can't be all open world but the city planets feel like hallways and the "open" planets really are not that open at all.  It reminds me too much of one of the things I hated in Warhammer, where I could not travel on my own from empire to dwarf lands or elf lands.  It really broke something for me, the world didn't feel real enough, if that makes any sense? 

I also still play LotRO from time to time, it's a much slower, "take your time" sort of game for me, more immersive.  WoW is more of the old standby.  I know it will always work at near flawless levels and I can get in/get out quickly while still accomplishing something.

The fact that it's Star Wars is not enough to keep me playing.  Maybe it's because of my age.  To me it's only kind of Star Wars due to the time line.  Unfortunatley I don't think Lucas will ever do anything else game wise with the original trilogy timeline.

Offline Damage

• KGC Guild Member
  • Awards Donation Tier 3
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 03:41:10 PM »
Unsubscribed here as well.

As Bartillo said, I am done with Theme Park MMO's, they are just way to boring after a while.

Honestly though, I have no hopes for the future in games like GW2.  GW2 still has signs over quest givers heads and although there might not be quest hubs, this has me scared.  I am extremely tired of the WoW questing method and would love to just go back to more sandbox mob grind because that way I can grind or do whatever I want to increase my level or my skills, I don't have to follow a connect the dots Dev idea of how I should be leveling.

Offline Keen

• Administrator
    • Keen and Graev's Gaming Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 04:31:24 PM »
Well, I'm stilled subbed for a bit but it looks like people are leaving in droves.  We're going to have our work cut out for us if we still want to do content.  :-\
STEAM: MeanKeenLurikeen
Origin: KGKeen

Offline Evalissa

• KGC Guild Member
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 04:58:55 PM »
ding b and I are 50

oh wait

deja vu

Offline Keen

• Administrator
    • Keen and Graev's Gaming Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 05:02:22 PM »
Hey, I'm still here!  ;D  I think Phandy is still going to play a bit.  Maybe even others.  I bet we can still scrounge up 8.
STEAM: MeanKeenLurikeen
Origin: KGKeen

Offline Sul-ohtar

• Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 05:39:54 PM »
Disappointing to see so many people leave after such a short time ... well I'm still here  8)

Offline Phandy

• Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 07:04:18 PM »
Losing 2 healers hurts, other wise we still have enough to raid I think?

Offline skuishe

• Awards Donation Tier 3
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2012, 02:22:30 AM »
I'm still around, and I'd be willing to heal. I can also help place people into other guilds if too many people do end up quitting but people still want to see stuff.

Offline MangoCoco

• Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2012, 03:35:12 AM »
Still here for now as well but I don't have a 50. I don't know, I feel like the fact that Swtor so closely mirrors WoW made it easier to get tired of it. I dread knowing that once I'm level 50 that all that remains is getting gear and pvping in warzones of raiding. This is the exact same feeling that made me quit wow.

Perhaps unsurprisingly the dialogue also caused leveling to get old quickly. The voices are there, but the quests are no better written than some of WoW's in fact. I end up just skipping most of it.  

I really do wish they just made KOTOR 3, or nothing at all. I feel like the franchise is not going to go anywhere else but into the mmo now.  This is a sad thing because currently, the status of being an mmo seem to limit what they are doing with the story, graphics, and gameplay mechanics.

In general, swtor just lacks depth atm and I don't have forever to wait for it to even be on par with WoW, content-wise.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 03:37:36 AM by MangoCoco »

Offline TheRedComet

• KGC Guild Member
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2012, 12:05:39 PM »
I'm still subbed, because my wife is still really enjoying the game, but I've had zero motivation to log in at all. I've been logging in, be online for less than five minutes, and just log off because I don't feel like playing at all. I think my big problem is I made a handful of alts because I couldn't decide what I wanted to play, and now I'm so burnt out from playing Republic quests. The game is not very alt-friendly because there is absolutely zero deviation as to what planets you quest through. Unlike other MMOs where there are usually atleast two different areas for any given level range, SWTOR just sends you to the exact same planets and do the exact same quests (except story quests). It really makes leveling a second character extremely dull.

That said, I'm probably going to be rolling an Imperial alt, probably Bounty Hunter or Imperial Agent later this week. Honestly, I've wanted to play Imperial since launch, but everyone else was going Republic. So I think I should atleast try out Imperial side before quitting for good. Hopefully playing Imperial for a bit will get me a second wind and I can get one of my Republic guys to 50.
Steam / PSN: FireBomberSeven

Offline Kotton

• KGC Guild Member
  • Awards Donation Tier 3
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2012, 12:19:50 PM »
Im 50 and will be playing at least until dominus comes out.  Still have a wow account too if I really want to hit myself in the head with a tackhammer.
Peace lovers can only have what they want by being better at what they hate than those that love war.